…an initiative of langham partnership new zealand
I am reminded of the Pink Batts commercial where we see, in veiled form I know – a picture of union with Christ. Play Pink Batts Advert [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjh4wBCqDf0] (45 secs)
It reminds me of Galatians 3.1,3 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you…Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? That is, when we are bound to Christ and living by the Spirit in his vicarious ministry, then we are right with God. But when we step out of that reality and back into our own strength, our own faith, our own works, our own ministry, our own belief, then we leave Christ and the Spirit behind and all is in vain.
Remember – Jesus life of worship for us did not end in death.
· Having offered for us a life of perfect obedience to the Father,
· culminating in the one perfect self-offering for all people and all nations,
· Jesus rose from the dead and returned to the Father to intercede for us (Rom 8.34)
· as our great high priest (Heb 4.14).
· As the eternal mediator of an eternal covenant, he now appears on our behalf before the presence of God that we might be accepted as sons and daughters of God (Eph 2.13ff; 1 Tim 2.1-6; Heb 4.14, 7.25, 9.24).
On this basis we must distinguish a twofold ministry of Christ.
1. the once and for all earthly worship and self-offering of Christ, extending from his birth to his death; and
2. his continuing heavenly ministry of worship and intercession inaugurated by his resurrection and ascension.
All of Grace ≠ Nothing of Me!
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
© 2013 | Powered by WordPress
A WordPress theme by Ravi Varma